Friday, September 18, 2009

Paper Mache

Forget the beads. For now anyway. My new impetuous love is paper mache. It's always nice to rediscover an art from that's free. Junk mail, flour, and water. Though I've added some cloves to the mix to give off a little scrumptious scent as I work. The homemade glue works much better than the store bought. It's super easy to make too. Just boil 4 parts water. Mix 1 part cold water with 1 part flour and add to the boiling water. Boil and stir for 3 minutes. It will get thicker and clumpy as it dries, but it stores well in an air tight container in the fridge. Mine lasts for days.

2 comments:

  1. What are you making with it? I wish there were pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making jewelry displays. I have some rabbits and pigs that I'm covering with pages from the dictionary. It's so fun to do though, and I love that the home recipe works superior to the store bought.

    ReplyDelete