
It takes a lot to make me run. I usually pick up some speed on the way to the bathroom after drinking a large soda and getting stuck in traffic. I also move incredibly fast when confronted with a snake, the dessert buffet, or one of my kids crying.
Despite my sprinter status, it looks like I'm in for a good run...or walk at least. My sister-at-heart, Christine, emailed me to see if I wanted to come join her for camping and a 10k. Once upon a time Christine and I actually had time to hang out and eat, watch movies, and check out yard sales. With those days behind us I'm willing to do almost anything for some sista time, even if it means running.
So what if I just found out I have a "slight" case of Scoliosis, or that my whooping cough is expected to last until ten days before the run. I'm not the least bit worried about going the distance. Just like my debut into physical therapy I find myself wondering, "What the hell am I going to wear?!" A little tank top and those flimsy shorts? You've got to be kidding!
No comments:
Post a Comment