Sunday, March 20, 2011

Inspiration on Her Arm







It was my cousin's daughter's first birthday and I wanted to make something special. When you're skilled at so many crafting areas, it makes it rather difficult to decide what to do. Christine joined me and my girls roaming the craft store isles. After more than half an hour of searching I'd gotten as far as picking out an unpainted rocking horse. With the horse tucked under my arm, the rest of my party might've felt a pang of relief, thinking that at last, they might make it out of the store. To their dismay, I hunkered down on the paint isle.

I knew if I waited long enough, inspiration would come to me, though I had no idea it was going to be tattooed on a pregnant woman's arm. "That's it! I think I should do it Ed Hardy style. Colors, what colors?" I asked, Christine and I both eying the pregnant woman's Ed Hardy shoes. The excitement must've been palpible. The woman's husband smiled and held up his phone, "Wanna search the web for pictures so you know what colors you want to use?"

I love unexpected projects, especially when they are so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment